Technological advances in Internet-ready devices, including computers, tablets, and mobile devices have contributed to widespread expansion of virtual care options in diabetes and diabetes prevention. The reliability, speed, portability, and cost of video teleconferencing has improved drastically in recent years, allowing the telehealth delivery of the National Diabetes Prevention Program to be accessible and feasible. This course is designed to provide information on how to adopt and integrate telehealth technologies into the delivery of the National Diabetes Prevention Program to improve patient outcomes and enhance provider knowledge and support.
- Lesson 1: The Language of Telehealth & the National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP)
- Lesson 2: Case Study: Using the National DPP with Telehealth
- Lesson 3: Research/Evidence Supporting the Use of Telehealth for Diabetes Prevention & Weight Loss
- Lesson 4: Implementing & Delivering the National DPP Using Telehealth
- Lesson 5: Primary Considerations Before Implementing the National DPP Using Telehealth
After completing this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Define essential terminology related to telehealth and diabetes prevention
- Understand case studies that illustrate use of telehealth technologies to deliver the National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Explain research and evidence to support use of telehealth in diabetes prevention and weight loss
- Describe how the National Diabetes Prevention Program can be implemented & delivered using telehealth
- Describe the primary considerations before implementing the National Diabetes Prevention Program using telehealth
Funded through CDC Cooperative Agreement NU58DP006620-InnoVAte in partnership with the Virginia Department of Health. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Virginia Department of Health.
*Purchase grants one learner one year’s access to lessons and quizzes (access expires 365 days from date of course activation.)