Foundations of Telehealth
The Foundations of Telehealth is an overview course designed to provide clinicians, healthcare teams, technologists, administrators and public policy experts with a broad-based summary of telehealth, and the technical, professional, regulatory and financial considerations affecting the delivery of services.
The Foundations in Telehealth course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of current technologies and care delivery models and an introduction to the public policies that inform telehealth practice.
- A broad-based perspective of telehealth, telehealth terminology and telehealth use cases
- Identification of telehealth technology and security requirements
- Skills for employing proper etiquette when using telehealth
- Awareness of public policies informing the use of telehealth
- The building blocks of use-case development
- Identification and location of trusted resources in the field
- Awareness of the strategic and financial considerations for telehealth
- Define essential terminology related to telehealth and telemedicine
- Examine common modes of telehealth delivery and the processes for how interactions occur
- Discuss the most common benefits of using telehealth technology
- Describe current models and use cases of telehealth interactions
- Discuss technology considerations that impact the telehealth experience
- Analyze etiquette practices that should be used before, during, and after telehealth interactions
- Describe reimbursement restrictions and legislation affecting the use of telehealth
- Examine policies that have shaped the landscape of the telehealth field
- Discuss standards and guidelines specific to telehealth administration
- Identify strategic drivers and performance metrics used in successful telehealth programs
Learning Method and Medium:
TelehealthVillage utilizes a variety of media-based learning approaches to facilitate the educational experience that is interactive and web-based. Multiple choice questions are incorporated into the learning process.
TelehealthVillage is a collaborative effort developed by the University of Virginia Karen S. Rheuban Center for Telehealth, the Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center, the Office of Continuing Medical Education of the University of Virginia School of Medicine and the New College Institute.
Duration: 90 min
Certificate of Completion
Credit/contact hours: 1
Published: March 28, 2019
Expires: March 27, 2022