- Telehealth Programs. U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration. (n.d.). Retrieved February 19, 2019, from
- Telemedicine Glossary. The Source. (n.d.). Retrieved February 19, 2019, from http://thesource.americantelemed.org/resources/telemedicine-glossary
- § 38.2-3418.16. Coverage for telemedicine services. (n.d.). Retrieved February 19, 2019, from https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title38.2/chapter34/section38.2-3418.16/
- Telemedicine. (n.d.). Retrieved February 19, 2019, from https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/benefits/telemed/index.html
- Totten, A. M., Womack, D. M., Eden, K. B., McDonagh, M. S., Griffin, J. C., Grusing, S., & Hersh, W. R. (2016).
Telehealth: Mapping the Evidence for Patient Outcomes From Systematic Reviews. AHRQ Publication No. 16-EHC034-EF:
- Lowery, C. (2018). High-risk obstetrics and telehealth. In E.A., Krupinski & K.S., Rheuban (Eds.), Understanding
Telehealth (p.61-74). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education.
- Johnston, AB. 2004. SIP: Understanding the Session Initiation Protocol (2nd ed.). Artech House. ISBN 978-1-58053-168-9.
- Haghi, M, Thurow, K, Stoll, R, Wearable Devices in Medical Internet of Things: Scientific Research and Commercially
Available Devices. Healthc Inform Res. 2017 Jan; 23(1): 4–15. Published online 2017 Jan 31. doi: 10.4258/hir.2017.23.1.4
- Report to Congress: Report on the Feasibility of Mechanisms to Assist Providers in Comparing and Selecting EHR Technology
Products. April 2016: https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/macraehrpct_final_4-2016.pdf
- National Telehealth Technology Assessment Resource Center – National Consortium of Telehealth Research Centers. (n.d.).
Retrieved March 5, 2019, from https://www.telehealthresourcecenter.org/ttac/
- Civil Rights Requirements Title VI of the Civil Rights Act | HHS.gov. (n.d.). Retrieved February 14, 2019, from https://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/for-individuals/special-topics/needy-families/civil-rights-requirements/index.html
- Capistrant, G. (2018). Medicare coverage and reimbursement policies. In E.A., Krupinski & K.S., Rheuban (Eds.),
Understanding telehealth (p.285-290). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education.
- Lacktman, N.M. (2018). Legal and regulatory issues. In E.A., Krupinski & K.S., Rheuban (Eds.), Understanding
telehealth (p.291-304). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education.
- Thomas, L. 2018. Understanding Telehealth.. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education, pp. 279-284.
- Administration Staff. (2015, February), p. 8. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/GuidanceDocuments/UCM263366.pdf
- US Food & Drug Administration. (2018, November 13). Consumers (Medical Devices). Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/resourcesforyou/consumers/default.htm
- Orlowski, A., Marcin, J., Rheuban, K., Avdalovic, M. “Telehealth 101” Annual Meeting of the American Telemedicine
Association, April 28, 2018. Chicago.
- Health Information Privacy, Office for Civil Rights (OCR). (2015). Retrieved February 27, 2019, from https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/index.html.
- Health Information Privacy, Office for Civil Rights (OCR). (2017). Retrieved February 27, 2019, from https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/security/index.html.
- Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, Office for Civil Rights (OCR). (2013). Retrieved February 27, 2019, from https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/laws-regulations/index.html
- HIPAA Compliance Checklist. (n.d.). Retrieved March 1, 2019, from https://www.hipaajournal.com/hipaa-compliance-checklist/
- Text of H.R. 6353 (110th): Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2008 (Passed Congress version).
(n.d.). Retrieved March 1, 2019, from https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr6353/text
- Congress Proposes Change to Ryan Haight Act to Allow Telemedicine Prescribing of Controlled Substances. (2018, March
5). Retrieved March 1, 2019, from https://www.healthcarelawtoday.com/2018/03/05/congress-proposes-change-to-ryan-haight-act-to-allow-telemedicine-prescribing-of-controlled-substances/
- Use of Telemedicine while providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement
Administration, Diversion Control Division, Memorandum May 15, 2018.
- Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule: Understanding 3 Key Topics Call. MLN Web Call for November. Retrieved from https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/NPC/Downloads/2018-11-19-PFS-Transcript.pdf